Still I did it myself (with help from Jo on the intercom calling out signal strength as I slowly shifted the aerial a few degrees left then right "30%, nothing, nothing, 42%...") and at about a tenth of the cost of getting it done professionally. I didn't have anyone cutting off my neighbor's aerial as I stood shouting "not that cable!", I won't have to have repeat visits from different firms all equally useless, I didn't even have to get permission from the freeholders to carryout the work. Now when the chimney is done I can get them to remove the scrap metal that is the old aerial.
I've also had an opportunity to have a look at the woodwork in the eaves. Now I'm planning o putting drawers and cupboards into the eaves. Cabinets will slot in between the struts and be covered with insulation from behind. There could even still be room for a crawl space behind the cabinets.
In other news...
Still waiting to hear about getting a radiator moved and I can open-up another fireplace.
Picking-up 2 lathes and some other woodworking tools on Saturday morning. There'll be photos of the kit posted I'm sure.
Friends arriving on Sunday, so looks like a full house for the Jubilee.