First job of the day was to run a temporary earth cable to the water main. That done I could remove the existing earth cables and re run them. This is all part of my "tidy-up the spaghetti" plan (see earlier post). As usual with this house the job wasn't as straight forward as it appeared at the planing stage, however job now done and there's a little less spaghetti hanging from the ceiling.
Next I moved on to moving the temporary bench over to the other side of the cellar so i had access to the next portion on the ceiling that needs boarding over. Also to the opportunity to clear-up a tad in the cellar.
After the novelty of plaster-boarding the ceiling wore off, I moved on to cleaning off bitumen from the back of old parquet flooring blocks. This is in preparation for tomorrow's job making height guides for the new living and dinning room floors. Then I guess I'll be back to cutting more plasterboard and screwing up between joists. Yeah that job's starting to get a little dull. The only thing that's propelling me on is the knowledge that once it's done the next part of project "turn the cellar into a workshop" is going to be much more rewarding.