In other news (note to self, I must find a new catch all segue).
The cellar workshop build lumbers on. Today, despite sprained and at times painful ankle, I cleared and shunted everything from one wall of the cellar over to the other. At times I was getting just a little frustrated with the speed of progress due to all the hopping about. It's all getting a little chaotic down there and I'll be really pleased once the walls are clad and I can get on with building cupboards and drawers, then the tool problem (just piled up with nowhere else to put them) should start to take care of its self.
Not only am I tanking out the cellar in black plastic (kinky and a crying shame it won't be seen once paneled over) I'm also taking time to repair an old chair (seen in the above photo at the back, clamped to the Black & Decker Workmate) left in the cellar by the previous owner. Once this chair is in working condition I will at last have something other than stairs to sit on during tea-breaks. I have had a bit of a love hate relationship with this chair over the last 11 months, working around it and in the early days occasionally sitting on it. But as work has progressed, each time I moved it out of the way another bit would fall off. I dutifully bashed it back together but today it broke into all its constituent parts, so while I was thinking about how I was going to unroll four yards of plastic sheet and pin it to the wall*... I decided to start gluing the poor old chair back together Tea-breaks are going to be bliss.
*Plastic sheeting needs more careful thought then you'd expect.