||[Jan. 28th, 2013|12:51 am]
Amazing what one can achieve with a sprained ankle. Sheer bloody mindedness I suppose. Yesterday I reassembled two more ebay kitchen cabinets and with help from Jem, swapped them with the two cabinets I custom built for the lathe and milling machine. This was so I could begin adapting the custom cabinets before moving them down into the cellar. Today I put new bases on each cabinet and they are now pretty much ready for the struggle down the stairs, at least they will be once the glue has dried. As luck would have it there was a large box of vinyl albums to hand so I was able to weight one of the bases down with that while the glue sets, yer can't do that with yer mp3s.|
I also found time to take-up some of the floor boards in the front room. Looks like I'll have to lift the entire floor in order to level it. Not looking forward to that job.
Hopefully more materials for the cellar work will arrive tomorrow and I can finish boarding over the second wall.