|Two steps forward, one step back.
||[Aug. 2nd, 2013|04:31 pm]
Old bathroom radiator removed yesterday. Chopped out damaged tiles, job made slightly easier due to said tiles having never been grouted in (WTF?). |
I needed to replace 5 tiles and I only had 6 spares so I was keen not to damage any others in the process. Job made slightly more difficult than it need be by surrounding tiles having never been properly fixed to the wall (WTF?).
Whole job is only a tart-up. I keep telling myself that. Once the new bathroom up stairs is in I can strip out the downstairs one and start from scratch, which is really what it needs.
One really annoying development has been the appearance of a mystery white stain on the new floor. I have a sneaking suspicion this waas caused buy radiator fluid (ironically) reacting with the sheet I put down to protect the floor from radiator fluid. If that doesn't come off I'll be replacing the flooring that's only been down a week or so... grrrr!
Tiles now fixed, but matching in around the higgledy-piggledy existing tiles was frustrating.
In other, slightly more cryptic, news...
I had some good news last night at 3:12 am. I checked my phone log so I know exactly what time it was. I couldn't sleep after hearing the news, my thoughts rushing off on the possibilities the news could open up. I'll keep this one close to my chest until everything is certain.