|Recent Work on The House
||[Apr. 23rd, 2016|12:02 am]
Bedroom 2 plasterboarded. The landing side still needs doing, but still have to finish rubbing down the skirting board and floorboards.|
While the wall was open I took the opertunity to sort out the wiring. Putting everything in to conduit that could be and provinging empty conduit for any future rewiring.
That grubby light-switch will be replaced with a shiny new one...
once the plastering and wallpapering has been done.
Radiator removed to give access for wallpaper removal, skirting-board replacement, floorboard restoration, and
You can never have too many clamps.
Patching the hole left by removing the horrible modern door-catch, which was neither use nor ornament.
This patch will be stained and grained to match before varnishing.
I left the original green paint where it had been protected by the (now sadly lost) original rimlock keep.
...And talking of "varnishing"... the stripping of all the wood work is being helped by the fact that someone in the past didn't bother with any preparation of the wood before painting over the original finish. In the case of the door-frames, and skirting the paint lifts fairly easily with a quick blast of the heat-gun, it bubbles and blisters off the original varnish in seconds. I've found a reasonably good match for the original stain and varnish too. The floorboards are even easier to strip, they were originally waxed so with a little heat the paint slids off like shite vacating a teflon shovel.
Out and about with the dog. I think this was the day we went to the beach.
"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."